A student may move out of campus housing at any time. Moving out is not the same as being released from the license agreement. The purpose of this form is to officially request release from the single student housing license agreement, including financial obligations associated with that agreement. Approved requests will be processed as per the refund schedule found in the license agreement. Requests for termination will be reviewed individually and shall be considered in accordance with the Housing and Campus Life Termination Policy. If approved for termination, you will be required to check out as outlined below.
1. If termination is immediate, check-out must occur within 24 hours of approval. If termination is effective at the end of the fall term, check out must occur within 24 hours of your last final exam or academic commitment.
2. Make an appointment to checkout with your C.A. If your C.A is not available, contact the front desk of residence life office for assistance.
3. Before your scheduled check-out time, remove all belongings from the room/apartment. Thoroughly clean the room/apartment, including all commonly shared spaces.
4. At the time of check-out, meet with the C.A in the room/apartment. Review the condition of the living space, turn in your key(s), and complete and sign all necessary paperwork. Have the C.A. call the Housing Office to confirm your check-out.
5. In the case of formal withdrawal from the University, return to the main Housing Office (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) after your check-out to complete the withdrawal process.
6. Note: Failure to check out properly will result in the assessment of a financial penalty. Rental charges continue until formal check out has occurred. (In some cases, full rental charges may still be assessed).
7. It is your responsibility to check with the ID Card Office to confirm the status of your meal plan. Termination of your housing agreement does not necessarily indicate termination of your meal plan agreement.
© 2014 New Mexico State University Board of RegentsNMSU - All About Discovery!